Renee Suich creates mixed media art including collages inspired by nature, history and the energy that surrounds us all. Early years spent in design were further fostered by time spent working at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
My work has been referred to as ‘Heritage Collage’, as I incorporate vintage imagery in a contemporary composition. My vision starts with a story that I want to share, then I use layers of my own artist made altered paper, natural objects, and painting. — Renee
Suich now resides in East Tennessee and enjoys experimenting with new media including encaustic work. Different mediums, like encaustic work, allow Suich to explore color and texture in a new way. Every piece becomes a new challenge.
• June/ July – Exhibit – The Arts Depot (Abingdon, VA)
• May – Oct – “Arts in the Airport Exhibit” – Arts & Culture Alliance (Knoxville, TN)
• April/May – Award of Excellence – Kingsport Art Guild (Kingsport, TN)
• April/May – Display Case Exhibit – The Emporium Center (Knoxville, TN)
• September – “Private WaterFall” – published in Cloth Paper Scissors (magazine)
• August – Solo Exhibit – The Broadway Studios (Knoxville, TN)
• July – Display Case Exhibit – The Emporium Center (Knoxville, TN)
• June – Small Plates Juried Show – 3rd Place – The Emporium Center (Knoxville, TN)
• June- MAA Juried Show – Rose Center (Morristown, TN)
• July – MAA Juried Show – Rose Center (Morristown, TN)
—Brenda Dugger Memorial Award for “Memorial Vale”
—Merit Award for “Even Green Leaves Fall”
• Spring – Solo Exhibit – General Morgan Inn (Greeneville, TN)
• January – Solo Exhibit – Hale Springs Inn (Rogersville, TN)
For additional details, contact Renee!